Monday, February 18, 2019

February 18

Black History Month
February 18, 2019


Nigeria

Fenella Layla by Bryon Lars for Mattel

She writes, Nigeria was soooo welcoming and jam-packed with all the cultural richness that I had hoped to find.
My grandfather's coastal village is very near the metropolis of Lagos and it remains the home of many relatives that I had never met until this trip.  It was so sweet...they all made me feel as if they'd known me their entire lives.  My Nigerian cousins showered me with the most beautiful kente cloth you've ever seen, girl!

My Nigerian last name Layla means dark beauty.

The rest of her trip details her stay in Scotland, which is her grandmother's background.







1 comment:

  1. Are you creating these stories? If so, you're a very creative writer.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete