Monday, February 4, 2013

Feb. 4th - Basketball

Black History Month Quiz
Feb. 4, 2013

Yesterday's Answers:
Actors:  Wesley Snipes and Dennis Haysbert
Film:  Major League


Today:   This actress played Coach Eddie in this movie.  The movie is about "Eddie, who is a New York limo driver and a fanatical follower of the New York Knicks professional basketball team. The team is struggling with a mediocre record when, in mid-season, "Wild Bill" Burgess, the new owner, as a public relations gimmick, stages an 'honorary coach' contest, which Eddie wins. The fans love it, so "Wild Bill" fires the coach and hires her. "*

Note:  I did not have any New York Knicks players and used random basketball players her team played against.


Edwina "Eddie" Franklin






*info from IMDB

3 comments:

  1. Whoppi Goldberg is the actress. I remember her role as Eddie. I have only seen very short segments of the movie in the distant past while channel surfing. I cannot remember the name of the movie.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that movie. The name is the movie is Eddie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the movie and the different basketball players seen in the movie.

    ReplyDelete