Sunday, April 1, 2012

American Teen- Anthoney and Tara

American Teen

Anthoney and Tara:

Anthoney:
Each box told something about the teen.

Who am I?
Well, who you think: Easy, son.  High school's almost over, almost made it out that door, and I'm not going back...at least not for awhile.  Traveling is the plan for this traveling man.  Traveled here from Jamaica before I started school, always went back and forth to visit the family.  Miami's great, but  I'm thinking of Europe, Paris, Berlin, Vienna. London.  There's so much! Want to see everything, can't land here. Not yet. Too much that's too cool that's not been done. Not yet. Surfing's great. Scuba diving, great. Gonna learn how to bar tend, and travel and see everything there is to see. Send post cards, and folks will just have to wait and see what becomes of me.


Tara:



Who Am I?
Happy! That's me. Tara! Ya See? Happy as can be! I sing that every morning, part of a song.  I write songs, dance, work out.  I'm gonna be a star.  How about you, girlfriend: I'm a sophomore, just look older. My school's cool, Chicago.  See my nails?  My sister-in-law, Rochelle, she does these nails.  She's the best, has her own shop.  Everybody watches what we do.  I'm always first.  Does hair, too.   I hang out at the shop, been learning.  Might work there next summer. Mom and Dad work for the City. Mom's in the Parks Department, Dad in Housing Authority.  They talk about school and pensions, security.  retirement! Can't here it! I sing my songs and walk along and go to school where I can rule!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you, MDW! I am sooo happy to see these dolls. Now to think, which to get, which to get? Benjamin has actual corn rows - really cool for a playscale figure, and Dominique has the best girl outfit. But I like Tara's personality better. Guess I will go for her and Benjamin, first.

    So many neat figures ... sixth scale is a-live and kicking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. I like the cornrows on Benjamin.

    ReplyDelete