Monday, March 25, 2013

Pam as Friday Foster

Friday Foster by Tonner




1975- Friday Foster- Pam plays the lead character in this movie.   "Friday Foster, an ex-model magazine photographer, goes to Los Angeles International airport to photograph the arrival of Blake Tarr, the richest black man in America. Three men attempt to assassinate Tarr. Foster photographs the melee and is plunged into a web of conspiracy involving the murder of her childhood friend, a US senator, and a shadowy plan called "Black Widow." info from IMDB

Also in the movie,  Julius Harris plays Monk Riley and Carl Weathers plays Yarbo.
"The first syndicated comic strip to feature an African American woman in its lead role, Friday Foster debuted in 1970 and ran in newspapers until 1974." info from Wikipedia






3 comments:

  1. I watched this on Youtube or either have it on DVD; purchased/watched after purchasing my Tonner Friday Foster doll. Prior to Tonner's doll, I was unaware of the Friday Foster franchise: comic strip turned movie featuring Pam Grier.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know anything about Friday Foster. I had seen the Tonner doll, but didn't know the rest. Thanks for educating me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome. I had watched the movie but did not know about the comic strip until a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete