Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blade

In honor of Comic Con that was here a couple of weeks ago, I am sharing some  of the comic book characters.

Blade- The Vampire Hunter.  The character was brought to life by Wesley  Snipes on the big screen in 1998.  There were two other Blade movies to complete  the trilogy.   

The first Blade figure was created  by Toy Biz. It seemed like the figure was created in a small quantity  because it was hard to find.  Every week I would be in every Toys R Us looking for Blade but to no avail.  Then one Saturday afternoon, I went into Toys R Us  and saw that they had only one.  Unfortunately,  a teenager was holding it in his hands and he was surrounded with two other friends holding the other 2 characters (Punisher and Wolverine) released with Blade.  I thought to myself how am I going to get this figure from him.  It was easier than I thought.  I just asked him if he was going to buy it.  He said no and it was a great day.

The second Blade was not based on Wesley Snipes and it is called Real Action Heroes created by Medicom Toys.

The third Blade was based on Wesley Snipes  in Blade 2.  It was created by Hot Toys.


Blade (right to left) Toy Biz, Medicom, Hot Toys

4 comments:

  1. I have the 1st action figure. I do like the HT version too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the one on the left and the one on the right. My ladies would really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of the three, my least favorite one is the Medicom figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like the Medicom version. He looks bad@ss !
    I wish the would have made a figure for Stickeys Fingaz turn as blade. I'm considering doing a custom figure.

    ReplyDelete