Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jackie Robinson

Jackie Robinson was the first African American Major League baseball player of  the 20th Century.  He played with the Brooklyn Dodgers for about 10 years.    On this week in 1947, he won Rookie of the Year.
He wore the number 42.  In 1997, his number was retired across  Major League Baseball.
When they created the Cooperstown Collection, I was hoping that they would also produce other baseball players that played for both the Negro  League and Major League Baseball  like Robinson.

When I was in Kansas City for the Barbie Convention a few years ago, I was able to visit the Negro League Baseball Museum. It was great.  The only bad part is that they did not have any action figures of the players.  I think I would have bought them all.

2 comments: